Feeling very embarrassed with those white flakes on your shoulders? Shy to be around with your friends when heading for a party? Tired of trying out every anti-dandruff shampoos in the your nearest and far away super market? Then you have missed out the best home remedies that will ensure a better prevention of those white flakes in your head.
Just read this article and you will find the solution. One of the major causes of dandruff in your hair is a dirty itchy scalp so it is very important to maintain a good health care for your hair and scalp. Dandruff is a problem that needs to be treated very carefully whenever it occurs.
There are several home remedies that are very effective in controlling dandruff. These home remedies require ingredients that can be easily available in your kitchen. Anti-dandruff products available in the market can cause damage to your hair and your hair can start falling or even you can see premature graying of your hair. On the other hand, home remedies are simple, inexpensive and free from harmful effects.
The following are the home remedies to control dandruff –
1. The first and foremost home remedy is to keep your scalp and hair thoroughly clean. Wash your hair at least twice a week.
2. Always go for natural base shampoo in cleansing your hair because excessive shampoo can strip the natural oil from your hair. Use only herbal shampoo (especially Azadirachta indica shampoo) with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. This will prevent infection and will keep your scalp protected from dirt and germs.
3. A mixture of coconut oil or Azadirachta indica oil with a spoonful of camphor is also a very effective home remedy for dandruff.
4. Vinegar is also good for hair; therefore a hair wash with vinegar is a useful remedy for dandruff. Mix 2 teaspoons of vinegar with 6 teaspoons of water, and apply it on your scalp before going to bed. Apply the same solution in the morning before washing it off. Do not scratch your scalp with your fingernails as it could cause an infection.
5. Lastly, follow a balanced diet to provide your hair with the right amount of nutrients that include fruits and vegetables. And also, drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses daily) to flush toxic substances from your body.