An outbreak of red bumps on your body due to allergies or infections and brings changes to the texture of the skin is known as skin rash. It can be the result of many different conditions. In this article, we will address how to naturally treat common skin rashes, especially those that are caused by allergies.
There are two categories in allergic rashes; dermal and systemic. When your skin comes in direct contact with allergen it is said to be dermal allergy. Whereas, when something is ingested which causes allergy is known as a systemic allergy. Systemic allergies can be more serious and difficult to diagnose. When addressing food allergies, it is important to note that the most common offenders are eggs, milk, seafood, soy, wheat, tree nuts, and peanuts.
The cause of the skin rash can be localized or widespread. It can be in the form of itch, tingle, burn, cause pain, swell or blister, or it can be present with no discomfort whatsoever. Some rashes go away by themselves as soon as the allergen is removed while in severe case allergies need treatment.
Thus the following are some home remedies that can be effective in treating skin rashes:
- Washing the affected area with chamomile tea.
- Applying olive oil to the rash.
- A mixture of cod liver oil and vitamin E is very effective in eliminating rashes.
- Grinding holy basil leaves, combined with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper, and smearing over the rash.
- Taking an oatmeal bath is one of the best body rash treatments. Pour one cup of uncooked oatmeal into the bathwater and soak in this solution.
- Another extremely effective treatment is applying mashed almond leaves to the affected area.
- Vitamin C has strong antioxidant properties that can help heal rashes and reduce the chances of subsequent allergic reactions.
- Raw apple cider vinegar and raw honey are very effective in eliminating allergies. Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and honey three times a day or mix the apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water. The honey should be obtained from a local source.