Sildenafil Citrate is an amazing therapeutic agent that is used mainly to treat male impotency or erectile dysfunction (ED). It is the first recognized medicinal drug that came into existence in the year 1998. It was actually invented for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension, but accidentally scientists discovered that it helped men achieve stiffer and durable erection. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Sildenafil Citrate as an effective drug for ED.
Viagra is the branded version of Sildenafil Citrate. However, since the patent of branded version is over, this drug is now available in various generic forms. It is available in pill, soft pill, oral jelly and effervescent powder forms. The generic version of this drug is low in cost, though the action mechanism is absolutely identical to its branded edition. With Sildenafil Citrate, a man can forget about his impotency issue and regain his lost penile strength to execute sexual intercourse with full satisfaction.
|Quantity||Strength||New Customer||Old Customer|
|Price||Unit Price||Price||Unit Price|
How it acts?
A penile erection is natural process that is experienced when a man is sexually stimulated. Sexual stimulation allows the brain to send signals to the reproductive system through certain chemicals and hormones, so that the penile organ receives adequate blood for an erection. In impotency, the blood flow is greatly affected due to which blood fails to reach the penile shaft, thereby causing listless erection.
The basic idea is to increase the blood flow to the penile organ by dilating arteries in order to restore the erectile. And this is highly possible with the assistance of Sildenafil Citrate. This drug, after oral administration, inhibits the enzyme phosphodiesterase type five (PDE5). Inhibition of PDE5 increases the levels of nitric oxide that enhances the blood flow by dilating erectile arteries and relaxing penile muscles. This way abundant amount of blood enters penile organ for an erection that sustains for longer period of time.
How to use?
- Sildenafil Citrate an FDA-approved prescription therapeutic agent; hence, it should be utilized as directed by medical professional.
- The recommended dosage of this ED drug is 50 or 100 mg once in 24 hours.
- It is essential to consume prescribed dose orally, approximately 45 minutes before intending to indulge in sexual practice.
- It is better to take the dose on empty stomach for satisfactory results.
- Stay away from alcoholic beverages, grapefruits and fatty meals along with dosage, because these stuffs have the tendency to hamper drug efficacy.
- It is mandatory to take the next dose 24 hours after the intake of previous dose.
- The duration of effect of a single dose is for nearly six hours, so during this period, you can able to achieve erections on sexual stimulation and enjoy lovemaking.
What are the precautions?
- Prior to using Sildenafil Citrate, discuss with your doctor about following problems, if any –
- Therapeutic drug allergies (especially Sildenafil Citrate)
- History of longstanding illnesses of kidney, liver, blood, heart and prostate.
- Receiving treatment with any medications or supplements.
What are the side effects?
Synthetic medicines comprise certain side effects, and Sildenafil Citrate is also known to produce few, such as –
- Mild head pain
- Temporary vision impairment
- Hot flashes
- Stomach pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Chest pain
- Edema of face and lips
If any of these symptoms persist, immediately stop your sexual act and call nearest doctor for timely medical assistance.
Who should not use it?
Sildenafil Citrate is not recommended in following subjects –
- Under 18 years
- Men hypertensive to Sildenafil Citrate
- Men using medicines like –
- Alpha-blockers (antihypertensive drug)
- Prostate medicines
- Liver or kidney disorder
- Anemia or leukemia
- Prostate enlargement
- Serious heart complications
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Longstanding nervous disorders
- Sildenafil Citrate is just a palliative way of treating ED.
- You should take the dose only when needed.
- It will not cure impotency permanently.
- To experience erection, sexual stimulation is necessary.
- Consult doctor before utilizing this anti-impotent medicine.