Sildenafil Citrate Tablets – Best ED Drug for Men
Sildenafil Citrate is one of the most effective drugs prescribed for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED), aka male impotence. The drug was actually intended for treating the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension; however, during the clinical studies, the drug was found to be extremely effective in treating the symptoms of ED. The FDA approved Sildenafil Citrate for ED in 1998, making it the first recognized oral drug for men with impotence. Sildenafil Citrate, simply put, improves erectile function in men so that they can make love satisfactorily.
Available under the brand name Viagra, Sildenafil Citrate also comes in various generic variants. Generic Sildenafil Citrate is as effective as Viagra and is available at a very reasonable price. Sildenafil Citrate is available in various forms such as tablets, soft tabs, oral jellies, chewable tablets, sublingual tablets, and effervescent tablets. Generic Sildenafil is available at an affordable price. Sildenafil Citrate, undeniably, is the best and safe drug for most men with ED. However, it is important to seek medical advice before using this prescription ED drug.
- Product Information
How does the drug work?
A normal penile erection is a physiological process that is experienced by a man when he is sexually aroused. Upon sexual stimulation, the brain sends signals to the penile organ through certain brain chemicals and hormones for an erection to happen during sexual stimulation. This physiological process is affected in impotency. The penile organ fails to get enough blood for an erection due to certain physical conditions affecting the blood vessels.
Sildenafil Citrate is the perfect drug for men who experience weak erections due to some underlying physical causes affecting the blood flow to the penile organ. The drug is essentially a PDE5 inhibitor, which means it inhibits the secretion of an enzyme PDE5 in order to elevate nitric oxide production. With this pharmacological action, Sildenafil Citrate helps boost blood flow to the penile organ, as the blood vessels dilate and the muscles relax. In simple words, Sildenafil Citrate produces an erection by boosting blood flow to the penile organ during sexual stimulation.
How to use the drug aptly?
- Sildenafil Citrate is a prescription ED drug so it should be used exactly as directed by your primary care physician.
- The recommended starting dose of the drug is 50 mg once in any 24-hour period. It can be increased up to 100mg after seeking medical advice.
- It is essential to take the prescribed dose orally, approximately an hour before sexual activity; this gives enough time for the drug to assimilate in the body and exhibit its action.
- The drug has found be extremely effective when taken on empty stomach and with a full glass of water. Avoid a fatty meal because it will delay the effectiveness.
- Stay away from certain substances that hamper the effects of Sildenafil Citrate, which include alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and grapefruits.
- The duration of the effect of Sildenafil Citrate is four to six hours; during this period of time, you will able to get an erection during sexual stimulation and enjoy your sexual intercourse.
What precautions do I need to take?
- To be on a safer side, it is important to discuss certain issues with your doctor before using Sildenafil Citrate. You should inform your doctor about the pre-existing health issues that you have or have had in the past, such as:
- a history of Sildenafil allergy
- a history of a stroke or heart attack
- liver or kidney dysfunctions
- leukemia or blood disorders
- More importantly, you need to tell your PCP about the medications (OTC or prescription), herbal supplements, or home remedies that you have been taking, such as:
- Nitrates, nitroglycerin, poppers
- Alpha-blockers or any antihypertensive agents
- Protease inhibitors, antimicrobials, or any antidepressants
- Sildenafil Citrate is known to cause a mild dizziness post-dosage; therefore, it is recommended not to indulge in any outdoor activity.
- Exceeding the dose can lead to overdose, which can increase the risk of complications, so you must be careful with the dosage part.
- Store the tablets at room temperature, preferably away from heat, sunlight or moisture.
What are the side effects?
Synthetic medicines often produce certain side effects, and Sildenafil Citrate is no expectation. The drug may or may not produce side effects such as:
- Mild headache
- Hot flushes
- Stomach pain
- A runny or stuffy nose
- Back pain
Note: These are probable side effects. One may experience other side effects that are not mentioned above. If you experience any unpleasant side effects such as chest pain, breathlessness, irregular pulse rates, or a prolonged erection, then immediately seek medical attention by visiting your nearest ER.
Who should not use the ED drug?
Sildenafil Citrate is contraindicated in men who are having end-stage illnesses related to liver or kidney, heart, brain, blood, and the penile organ. The drug is also contraindicated in men who have been undergoing treatment with medications such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, protease inhibitors, and antidepressants. Children, teens, and women should stay away from Sildenafil Citrate.
Sildenafil Citrate is a medicinal drug that is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treating erectile dysfunction (ED) problem.
It helps by overcoming the main factor behind impotency i.e. sluggish blood supply to the male reproductive region. It suppress PDE5 enzyme and increases levels of nitric oxide, a chemical compound essential for boosting blood flow.
This medicinal drug takes some time to act, as it takes time to dissolve in the bloodstream. It takes around 40 minutes to show its effect.
No. It won’t start working automatically. This is medicine and not a hormone. Therefore, one needs to engage in sexual stimulation for making this medicine work.
Take this medication as prescribed by doctor. Consume it orally with sufficient water, and preferably 40 minutes before sexual activity. You need to take this medicine only when required; however, never take it more than once in span of 24 hours.
Dosage varies depending on the health conditions and age of an individual. Sildenafil citrate is available in 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg dosages. Doctor can tell you the perfect dosage depending on the medical conditions.
There are possibilities that the drug won’t work the very first time. Health advisor’s normally suggest to try this treatment for at least seven to eight times before opting it out. There is even possibility that doctor would have prescribed a lower dosage. Talk to your doctor in such instances.
You can take this pill anytime as per convenience. However, be sure not to eat heavy or fatty meal before taking this medication. For great results, take this medicinal pill on empty stomach.
The biological half-life of sildenafil citrate 100mg is three to four hours. Therefore, its total effect stays for approximately 5-6 hours in body. During this phase, one can achieve multiple rigid erections on sexual stimulation.
Store it at room temperature in a dry airtight jar, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Avoid fatty food, grapefruit, or heavy meals while taking treatment. Similarly, stay away from alcohol and tobacco, as these may nullify the effect of sildenafil citrate.
Overdose of sildenafil citrate has harmful health complications, such as chest pain, impaired vision, rapid heartbeats, and heavy swelling. In severe cases, it may lead to prolonged erection that affects penile organ’s health to a large extent.
This is not a routine based medicinal therapy. You only need to consume its dosage while involving into sexual act. Therefore, there is never a chance of missing any of sildenafil citrate’s dosage.
This medicine is a drug and not a hormone. So there will be no effect on your body unless you go through sexual stimulation. So be carefree the medicine will not do any harm on your body in such accidental cases.
No. This medicine is not additive. In addition, this medicine does not enhances sexual pleasure; therefore, you will not grow any dependency of this medicinal pill.
Synthetic medications come with certain aftereffects. Side effects that one can go through after consuming sildenafil citrate are nausea, stomach upset, hot flashes, dizziness, headache, blur vision, and nasal congestion. These are normally of mild and temporary nature. However, if they stay for longer duration, then visit a doctor.
This medicinal drug is only formulated to men above 18 years of age. Therefore, a woman is strictly advisable to stay away from using sildenafil citrate dosage.
Men above 18 years of age suffering from erectile dysfunction can use this medicament. However, it is mandatory to get medical prescription prior to consuming medicament.
This medication is not advisable for women and children. Along with this, men with medical conditions such as kidney or liver issues, low blood pressure, heart attack, anemia, and angina should not use this medicinal pill.
This medicine does not go well with all the medicines. Therefore, talk to a doctor regarding your ongoing treatments before starting this pill. Avoid taking this medicament if taking nitrates, alpha-blockers, protease inhibitors, antibiotics, antifungal, or antidepressants.
You can Buy Sildenafil Citrate Online merely by providing medical prescription letter. You can also buy it at local drug store, but purchasing online can give you many benefits including variety of options, discounts, and doorstep delivery.