Generic Fosamax For Treating Osteoarthritis Problems in Women
- safe & secure shopping
- worldwide free shipping
- Generic Name
- Average Delivery
- Brand Name
- Expire Date
Generic Fosamax is a clinically proven medicine used for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis, a bone disorder. It is primarily prescribed in women who have already attained their menopausal age. Generic Fosamax helps increase bone mass in women who are suffering from osteoporosis or Paget’s disease. The problems of weak nobles bones or osteoporosis is naturally seen in women after menopause due to hormonal imbacomce.
Generic Fosamax belongs to a group of drugs called as Bisphosphonates. The active ingredient of this medicine is Alendronate or Alendronic Acid. Alendronate is a bisphosphonate drug that changes bone cycle breakdown and formation in the body. By altering bone cycle development, it helps strengthen bone mass and prevents fractures. Generic Fosamax is prescribed only to post-menopausal women.
How it acts?
Generic Fosamax (Alendronate), at the cellular level, alters the cycle of bone development and formation. It increases the bone mass and bone mineral density to strengthen overall bone structure. Generic Fosamax also reduces overall bone turnover. By increasing bone mineral density, this medicine prevents and treats osteoporosis and other bone disorders.
How to use Generic Fosamax?
- Generic Fosamax should be used only after seeking proper medical advice, as it contains a prescprtion drug.
- Your doctor may prescribe 10 mg potency once daily or 70 mg once weekly.
- You need to take Generic Fosamax dose first thing in the morning (on empty stomach). Makes sure it is taken at least half an hour before you eat or drink anything.
- Take the dose at the same time each day for proper dosage.
- Swallow whole pill orally without chewing or crushing. Drink a glass of water with dose for proper drug absorption.
- Do not lie down and do not take any other medicine immediately after Generic Fosamax dose.
- Store the tablets away from direct heat or moisture.
What are the precautions?
- You should take Generic Fosamax only after seeking medical help.
- If you have history of allergic to Alendronate, low levels of calcium, and problems with esophagus or muscles, then inform your doctor before using this medicine.
- Also, tell your doctor if you have vitamin D deficiency, kidney or liver diseases, dental issues, trouble swallowing and stomach ulcers.
- Generic Fosamax medicine may cause jaw pain due to osteonecrosis. Hence, you may experience jaw numbness, swollen or red gums, toothache and loss teeth.
- Women should undergo pregnancy test before using Generic Fosamax. Pregnant women should not use this generic medicine unless doctor prescribes.
- Breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment, as the drug may harm newborn through breast milk.
What are the side effects of Generic Fosamax?
- Abdominal bloating
- Mild joint pain
- Swelling in feet or hands
- Eye pain
These are common side effects of Generic Fosamax 100mg, which usually subside after some time. If you experience any other side effect that persists for longer duration, immediately get in touch with your medical practitioner.
Who should not use Generic Fosamax?
- Hypersensitivity to bisphosphonate drugs
- Necrosis of jaw bone
- Esophageal stricture
- Cardiac disorder
- Peptic ulcers
- Low blood calcium level
- Low Vitamin D
- Severe kidney disorder
- Liver dysfunction
- Do not give Generic Fosamax to children.
- If you miss the dose, take it as soon as you remember, but skip it if the next dose is almost scheduled.
- Overdose with this medicine will give rise to unwanted drug reactions, such as seizure, irritability, unusual behaviors and restlessness.
- Avoid alcohol while using this medicine, as it may hamper the drug assimilation.
- Do not take other medications like antacids, calcium or vitamin supplements for at least half an hour after taking Generic Fosamax dose.
- It is biter to use Generic Fosamax only after seeking proper medical assistance.